Event Page is at: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=223849937671867
Saturday, October 1 · 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Cafe Molinari (Beside Treehouse), Matalino St, Barangay Central, Diliman, Quezon City
To get to know the Philippine LGBT Hate Crime Watch, Read this Blog Page:http://thephilippinelgbthatecrimewatch.blogspot.com/2011/09/philippine-lgbt-hate-crime-watch.html
Mark your calendars LGBT Rights Heroes! We're going to meet again this October 1, 2011! This time around, bring your friends, relatives, office mates and acquaintances. Let's get to know each other. Let's share with each other our opinions on the state and well-being of LGBT Filipinos. Specifically, we'll talk about:
1. What kind of prejudice do LGBT Filipinos experience? What are its roots?
2. How, in our own mundane ways, can we fight against it?
3. Finally, let's talk about the LGBT Blog Fest: Details can be found on this page:http://thephilippinelgbthatecrimewatch.blogspot.com/2011/09/lgbt-rights-blog-fest.html
4. How, in our own regular Joe/Jane/Joe-Jane capabilities, do we inspire more people to join our advocacy?
5. Are you happy with QC as a meet-up area? If not, where do you want to meet-up in?
6. Who can be with us on Oct 4 2011, 8am, at the Quezon City RTC to support Ricky Rivero for his on-going case against Hanz Ivan Ruiz?
7. We're going to have a mini writing workshop care of Oscar Atadero! :) He's going to teach us how to write press statements. :) *We may change venues so we can accommodate this activity! We'll keep you posted!*
*Note: October 1 is still quite a while away, if you want to meet-up elsewhere, just post your comments and suggestions in the event page wall!*
Please invite people to come folks! Don't be shy!
-Reighben Earl Wysten M. Labilles
Head Researcher and Spokerperson
The Philippine LGBT Hate Crime Watch